The centre is committed to encouraging parents to feel more confident and competent. Parenting is an integral part of childhood development. The parent child relationship is unique in its intensity and significance.
The program facilitates parents’ examination of their own parenting experiences. Through this examination parents will become aware of the extent to which they have been influenced by their own parents’ attitudes and values relating to being parents and living in a nuclear family.
The program is a practical guide to parenting:
- Parents will learn how to provide constructive positive discipline program.
- Parents will gain an understanding of constructive play.
- Parents will engage in open and respectful communication with their children.
- Parents will gain an understanding of the meaning that they attach to their role as parents.
- Parents gain insight into what lies behind their interactions and responses with their children.